selfish pompousness

selfish pompousness
a gaze into morrow

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

poem

                                                                            ode to farewell
                                                       <><><><><>()()()()()<><><><><>

if you meet me by chance
among the caravan of ages
passing through the deserts,
stare at me
as if we had never net.

if you meet me,
among the passers-by
see me,
as if we were
not at all acquainted.

if you come across me
among the old portaraits you fondle
as a memento of your voyage
through the ages,
just fall among the novel images
scratched on the walls
of your bowels.
                                                                    
if you see me delirious,
deliver chirping coos
into the ears of your fellow travellers
who you think you love.

if you notice me smiling,
distort my lips 
with your gaze of temper.

if you see me lethargic,
pour the elixir of dejection
into my yet throbbing being.

if you see me standing
in the sun blistering,
bid me farewell
to your own shadows.

if you see me standing,
in the torrent raining,
wave your hands
with the inducing calmness
pervaded under your umbrella
and stride away
into the 'wild wind'
of your subtle ways,
as if it were not your concern.
  
if you hear me singing
my swan son
applaude in thundering claps,
in great solace
that it is valediction.

if you see me silhouetted,
paint me with
pitchblend darkness.

if you see me thirsty,
stream away
into the apparition
of vague memories.

now
you can glide along
in your streams.
and herald the new ages
with chirps and shrills.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   01122006

No comments:

Post a Comment